EMPOW3R is a great new employment program from Kiwassa Neighbourhood House and VEEES, tailored for adults who have experienced violence or abuse in their life, and are looking to find meaningful, rewarding employment. We work with people to build relationships, resources and confidence that connects them with great employment opportunities and specialized support.
Connect with us to find us out if the EMPOW3R program may be for you or someone you know!
Over 12 weeks, participants access:
- Career planning and networking
- Work experience and paid employment opportunities
- Welcoming and inclusive workshops, professional one-to-one coaching and peer support
- Financial assistance for transit, food vouchers, light refreshments, work clothing, short term occupational training and childcare
- EMPOW3R certification, milestone celebrations and rewards
- Improved health, relationships and confidence
- Meaningful work and follow-up support
- A Canadian Citizen, permanent resident or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada
- Unemployed or precariously employed, and not a full-time student
- Self-identify as a survivor of violence and/or abuse
TO FIND OUT MORE, OR TO REFER A FRIEND, CONTACT US IN CONFIDENCE:
call or text: 604-649-2287