Supporting Black Canadian Communities Initiative
Join an informative virtual session on the Supporting Black Canadian Communities Initiative (SBCCI).
The Supporting Black Canadian Communities Initiative was created by the Federal government through Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) to help increase the capacity of grassroot not-for-profit organizations serving Black communities in Canada.
Using an intermediary delivery model, the initiative aims to increase access to and provide funding to support Black community organizations across Canada; enhance organizational governance and planning; support the organization through capacity building; and address and be inclusive of diverse Black communities.
The virtual session will cover these topics:
Application Process and Eligibility
Eligible Projects and Expenses
Funding Amounts and Granting Process
Other Requirements and Application Deadlines
Regional sessions are as follows:
- Ontario – Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 10 AM ET
- Ontario – Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 1 PM ET
- Atlantic Canada – Thursday, November 12, 2020 at 1 PM AT
- Atlantic Canada – Wednesday, November 25, 2020 at 1 PM AT
- Western Canada – Friday, November 13, 2020 at 1 PM MT
- Western Canada – Thursday, November 26, 2020 at 1 PM MT
Share your neighbourhood stories
Would you like us to consider sharing your good-news stories from the neighbourhood? We’re collecting stories and photos to inspire people in the community to connect in creative ways.