Effective April 2, 2020
Thank you Kiwassa community for doing your part to work together and flatten the curve. We miss seeing our neighbours and hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy.
While we have adapted a number of our programs and services to serve our clients through phone calls, emails, direct outreach, and food delivery, Kiwassa Neighbourhood House will continue to be closed to the general public.
There are still ways we can help. If you or someone you know needs assistance during this time please call our front desk at 604-254-5401 and we will do our best to connect you to resources.
Effective March 18, 2020
To keep everyone healthy, Kiwassa Neighbourhood House is closed to the general public until further notice.
If you are already a client and need assistance, please contact your support worker directly or call 604.254.5401.
Some programs are still running but with modifications – please read the update from March 17th (below) for more detailed information regarding programs and services offered at this time.
Follow us on Facebook for up to date information.
Effective March 17, 2020
At this time of an international health pandemic, we are all being asked by our political and health leadership at the highest levels to avoid face to face contact in groups and to develop alternative strategies.
We know that many of our neighbours rely on the programs and services provided by Kiwassa Neighbourhood House. In light of our civic and social responsibilities, we have assessed all our programs and services giving particular consideration to vulnerable groups.
Programs and Services
The following programs and services will continue (with modifications noted):
• Youth Program (1:1 outreach)
• Children’s Program (1:1 outreach)
• Hasting Sunrise Community Food Hub (food bank offered outdoors on the regular schedule with pre-packaged service)
• Saige Community Food Bank (modified access)
• Settlement Programs (1:1 support)
• Employment Program (1:1 support)
• EMPOW3R (1:1 support)
• Domestic Violence Support (modified)
• Nobody’s Perfect (meetings via electronic means)
• Vancouver Early Years’ Service Network (virtual correspondence; at discretion of Early Years’ site)
• MCFD North Hub
• Childcare (see below for details)
Regrettably, until April 5 2020, we are not able to provide the following programs and services:
• Children’s Program Spring Camp and After School Programs
• All Seniors-Focussed Programs
• Family Place Drop-In
• BC Housing based programming (CHIMO)
• Homework Club
• Conversation Circles
• Intercultural Events (i.e. Stories of Migration etc.)
• Dragonstone Counselling
• Neighbourhood Small Grants
• Tax Clinic
• Saturday programs and special events or rentals
• Other programs and services not specifically mentioned in the list of programs and services which will continue
Until there are different directions provided by the Province, the Kiwassa Variety Club, Harborview and Hastings Park Childcare Centres will continue normal operations.
Out of school care, currently offered through the end of March break (until March 27, 2020), will continue normal operations.
School-age Out of School Care will be reassessed following the expected announcement by the Province.
Please take care of yourself during this time. Official information is provided by BC CDC at www.bccdc.ca. If you have any specific questions regarding Kiwassa, please contact us at 604-254-5401 or email@example.com.
We look forward to welcoming you all home to Kiwassa Neighbourhood House in the near future.